Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Vanilla bean scones


Nothing like a little late night baking.  Tonight I decided to make some scone dough so I can bake them in the morning for a friend who is leaving to go ski over Christmas break.  We made these for teacher gifts and they are so easy and can be made ahead.  
First the dry ingredients are put in the food processor and mixed until blended.
Next the butter is added...
~15-20 pulses on the food processor until there are course balls of butter.
next the dry ingredients are added to the liquid liquid ingredients and mixed into a dough ball.


I divided the dough in half and made into a ball and patted until flat and about 3/4" thick.  I put egg on top and sprinkled with course sugar.  I then cut in 1/8's and put on baking sheet to go in freezer until they are baked tomorrow.
And it's good night...can't wait for the wonderful smell of baking scones in the am. 







No comments: