Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 18, 2015

Firecrackers Quilt made with Atrium Design Roll by Joel Dewberry for Free Spirit Fabrics

Just got this one done and put in the mail...made for friends' 17 yr old daughter who was just diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma and has started her fight against cancer. I got my pattern from my favorite online store The Fat Quarter shop.  You can see the pattern here at http://www.fatquartershop.com/firecrackers-pdf-quilt-pattern

First I took 5 strips and sewed them together and then cut into wedges using the Creative GRids 30 degree ruler

More pieces cut in the solid to make the blocks.  I used Brushed Bella Solid in Robins Egg...oh so soft.

Next I layed out the blocks to make sure my corners weren't duplicating fabric too much.



After piecing the blocks together I made my quilt sandwich using spray basting technique and quilted ~1/2 inch apart for a corrugated look.

Then came my machine binding.  It looks a little hazardous with the pins, but this way I can bind the front normally and my stitches from the front are hidden in the ditch and only seen on the binding on the back...this is my preferred method.


And at last it is done and ready to mail!!

No comments: